Saturday, 10 December 2011

Display Home Decisions

After a few weeks of looking at various Display Homes we had a shortlist across a few different builders. ProCorp, Beechwood, Allworth Homes and McDonald Jones all had designs we liked.

McDonald Jones - Havana

Allworth Homes - Langford
Allworth Homes - Winton

Beechwood - Cremorne

Monday, 28 November 2011

Lock it in.....

The contracts for the land were exchanged today...... looks like we are on track to purchase a block of dirt....

The Land Developer is flagging a April 2012 Registration of land, lets see how close they get!

Saturday, 22 October 2011

Hold that Land!!

After a couple of visits during the week after work to look at the dirt again my DW was heading to the Hair Dresser so I told her that Benjamin and I were of to 'Buy Land'. Not sure if she thought I was joking or not but out we both went to check it out again.

After driving up there I headed to the Land Sales office, filled out the paperwork and put down the holding deposit for Lot 3192. Well I didn't Benjamin wanted to press the button so he is actually responsible for the start of the whole process, so he hit OK on the EFTPOS machine so it is all his fault from this point :)

Sunday, 16 October 2011

Land Review

I decided to head up to Oran Park while Benjamin was having his afternoon sleep to check out the blocks. I looked at 3154 & 3155 first as these didn't involve sneaking through a fence. Both had a large drop off to the rear of the property but 35m yard could make up for that.....

Broke into the "Restricted Area" and headed to 3191 & 3192, there was a massive pit in the front of the blocks and the cutout for an Electricity transformer on 3191. 3192 looked like it would have no inspection pits/easements so was looking as the favorite as it was pretty flat but had to decide if a 32m yard was enough.

Spoke to my DW at home that afternoon about all of the blocks and agreed that the best choice would be either 3191 or 3192 as they would have the best site costs.

Saturday, 15 October 2011

Decision made - Build our next home

After a few months of looking at existing homes and the price range rising every few weeks as we struggled to find an house that we both loved. It was time to look at our options, we had looked at Land around the area previously and almost purchased at Spring Farm (NSW) before we were scared off by the site costs and bushfire upgrades required for the block.

The hunt for land began but we were being very specific about the size and fall on the land we were after so it could have taken a while to find in the area so off to Spring Farm, Mount Annan, Harrington Grove, Gregory Hills and Oran Park to find the land that they had available or coming up.

Gregory Hills had an upcoming land release with a few blocks in the length we were after so was looking promising. Oran Park had 4 blocks all longer than 30 metres, now to check them out!!

Looking at Lots 3154, 3155, 3191 & 3192